It’s the most romantic time of year, and we’re here to help with your Valentine’s captions for Instagram. A lot of users struggle with what captions to use on Instagram for Valentine’s Day, and we get it – this is serious business, after all.
But your stress can end here, because we’ve compiled a list of 120 Valentine’s Day Instagram captions that you can use this year – and every year, really. So let’s get started! Here are 120 Valentine’s captions for you to use on Insta.
120 Valentine’s Day Instagram Captions
Funny Valentine’s Captions
1. Roses are red, violets are blue…I’m not good at poetry, but I think you’re cool!
2. Happy Valentine’s Day to the guy I didn’t even want to go out with a few months ago;)
3. When you’re nice to the weird girl and now she’s your valentine…
4. To the one person who knows how to get on my nerves like no one else…Happy Valentine’s Day!
5. Are you from Tennessee? Cause you’re the only (Valen)TEN I see!
6. So grateful to have you in my life…It made finding a Valentine’s date a lot easier!
7. No amount of roses could ever be enough to show you how much I love you, but since it’s Valentine’s Day I got you some anyway
8. Kinda hurt when Cupid shot me with his arrow, but it was worth it for you
9. Cupid’s getting a little out of hand with these arrows, maybe he can use a love potion next time?
10. Hey, you’re cute…maybe we could hang out sometime?
11. I’m no good at captions, but I really like you! Happy Valentine’s Day:)
12. Happy Valentine’s Day, or as I like to call it, the perfect excuse to eat chocolates all day
13. Calories don’t count when your chocolate comes in the shape of a heart, right?
14. Gentle reminder to all the guys out there who forgot what today is…go get flowers, now.
15. Happy Valentine’s Day! Don’t know what I did to deserve you but it must have been pretty bad;)
Valentine’s Day Captions For The Single Life
16. Pro tip: when you are your own valentine, your Valentine’s date will know you really well
17. Took myself on a Valentine’s date this year
18. Look how cute my Valentine is (hint: it’s me)
19. Valentine’s Day but make it self love
20. Perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day: self care
21. Now accepting applications to be my Valentine next year
22. I may not have a Valentine…that’s all
23. Dear me, Happy Valentine’s Day! Love, me
24. Please DM me for a list of all the reasons I would be a perfect Valentine for you
25. In love with myself
26. Self-Valentine vibes
27. Valentine’s party with me, myself & I
28. Today proves that roses are just as pretty when you buy them for yourself
29. If anyone needs me I’ll be watching rom coms and eating heart-shaped chocolates
30. Happy Valentine’s Day to ~all the single ladies~
Join 100k+ savvy Instagram marketers
If you are struggling to get the attention you deserve on Instagram, sign up for Kicksta today and start attracting more followers who are interested in your brand.
Romantic Valentine’s Captions
31. Too busy getting lost in your eyes to write a long caption…Happy Valentine’s Day
32. Here’s to spending every February 14th together, my Forever Valentine
33. Luckiest person in the world to have you as my best friend and lifelong Valentine
34. I fall deeper in love with you every day, and especially today…Happy Valentine’s Day
35. Sorry to all the other guys out there, but the most amazing Valentine is already taken
36. The best moments are the ones that I spend in your arms…Happy Valentine’s Day
37. Happy Valentine’s Day, my love. Thank you for making every day an adventure
38. Red might be the theme of today, but my favorite color is the shade of your eyes
39. Thank you for making my life sweeter and every single day brighter…Happy Valentine’s Day to the best girlfriend
40. Forever in love with the sound of your laugh and the sparkle of your eyes…Happy Valentine’s Day
41. Happy Valentine’s Day to my biggest reason to smile every day. I love you.
42. All the roses and chocolates in the world wouldn’t be enough to express my love for you…but I’ll keep trying. Happy Valentine’s Day!
43. Happy Valentine’s Day to the girl who deserves 365 romantic holidays every year
44. Happy Valentine’s Day to the boy who makes my heart smile
45. Sorry for the late post, I was just wondering what I did to deserve you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Quote Captions
46. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz
47. “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
48. “Everything is clearer when you’re in love.” – John Lennon
49. “Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet.” – Katharine Lee Bates
50. “There are never enough I Love You’s.” – Lenny Bruce
51. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
52. “Love is never wrong.” – Melissa Etheridge
53. “Your flaws are perfect for the heart that’s meant to love you.” – Trent Shelton
54. “Love is so much more than just another four-letter word.” – Unknown
55. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” – Winnie the Pooh
56. “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” – Victor Hugo
57. “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” – David Viscott
58. “Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” Emily Bronte
59. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Hermann Hesse
60. “Love is the whole thing. We are only the pieces.” – Rumi
Pop Culture Based Valentine’s Captions
61. First (Valentine’s Day) date…kinda nervous
62. My love for you is bigger than the word ~balsamic vinegar~ for Elmo
63. I love you more than Kanye loves Kanye
64. Love grows where my goes
65. You’re so cute that I almost dropped my croissant
66. You know we’re in love because my Spotify Wrapped was all her songs
67. If Kim and Pete can fall in love, you can too
68. Happy Valentine’s Day to the only person I’d want to quarantine with
69. Happy Valentine’s Day! Spread love not covid
70. Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone except Jake Gyllenhaal
71. Happy Valentine’s Day! Here’s to hoping that our relationship turns out like Blake and Ryan’s
72. Thankful we don’t have to social distance this Valentine’s Day:)
73. Anyone want to Valentine’s & chill?
74. Last Valentine’s Day I had Driver’s License on repeat…thank God we’re not doing that again
75. Welcome to Valentine’s Day: ’s Version.
Clever Valentine’s Captions With Emojis
76. I 💗 U 4ever
77. You + me = 💕
78. Special delivery just for you: 💌
79. Happy Valentine’s Day to my whole 🌎
80. Stole my ❤️
81. From me to you: 💐
82. 😘 xoxo 😘
83. All the things she deserves 👑💍💐❤️
84. Besties forever 🤜🤛
87. ♾️ forever ♾️
88. 🍀 so lucky to have you 🍀
89. My sunshine 🌞
90. My rose 🌹
Valentine’s Day Captions For Friends
91. Happy Galentine’s Day to the sweetest girls!
92. Who needs Valentine’s Day when everyone knows Galentine’s is much more fun?
93. Sometimes you find your forever with your best friend
94. Love you today and always bestie
95. Who needs a valentine when you’re surrounded by the best galentines?
96. Best friends > Valentine’s dates
97. Did we spend all of Valentine’s Day watching rom coms instead of going on dates…maybe…
98. X’s and O’s for my besties, always
99. Who needs a man when you can buy each other flowers?!
100. Bought flowers for my bestie on Valentine’s Day cause I loved her first…
101. You may have a bf now, but just remember who’s been around longer
102. The love between best friends is unlike any other love
103. Here’s to another Valentine’s Day spent with the best people I could imagine being around
104. Loving my besties a lil extra today
105. Every day is Galentine’s with these girls
Valentine’s Day Captions For Pets
106. My furry valentine
107. My fur-ever friend and valentine!
108. Fur babies make the best valentines
109. Who needs a Valentine’s date when you have a pet?
110. Reasons pets make better valentines than humans: good listeners, will watch rom coms with you without complaining, experts at cuddling
111. There’s really no love that compares to the love of a dog…Happy Valentine’s Day!
112. Puppy love
113. I like spending Valentine’s Day with my cat because she doesn’t care how many heart-shaped chocolates I eat
114. Happy Valentine’s Day from the sweetest little furry friends
115. Any and all potential valentines should know that we come as a package deal
116. Happy Valentine’s Day & thanks for the unconditional love
117. Celebrating Valentine’s Day and the unconditional love we get from these guys
118. Fur-ever grateful for the best Valentine’s buddies
119. Major heart eyes for these guys
120. Definitely the cutest valentines I’ve ever had
Valentine’s Captions: Frequently Asked Questions
Now that we’ve covered 120 caption ideas, let’s talk a little bit about Valentine’s captions. Here are some of the most common questions that people have about Valentine’s Day Instagram captions and Valentine’s messages in general.
If you’re wondering how to put your love for your special valentine into words, you’re certainly not alone! Of course, if you are looking to express your love via social media, we’ve got you covered with the list above.
However, if you would like to deliver a special Valentine’s Day message to someone in person, or with a classic love note, there are plenty of ways to say you love somebody.
If you’re talking in person, we recommend just speaking from the heart. If you plan too much ahead of time, you won’t sound as authentic. But, it could be a good idea to plan out a general idea of what you’d like to say so that you’re not totally winging it.
And, if you’re writing a heartfelt love letter, quotes are always a good place to start. Find a sweet romantic quote that stands out to you, and include that in your note. And then make sure you explain to your special someone just what is so special about that quote in particular!
Valentine’s Day is celebrated across the United States, and it is popular in Britain, Canada, and Australia as well. While Valentine’s Day is most popular in these countries, it is also celebrated in Argentina, France, Mexico, and South Korea.
Lots of people also want to know what is the best way to begin a love letter to their valentine. Remember that everyone is different, and you should do what’s best for you. But, the best answer that we’ve come up with is to go from the heart. Start your letter by telling your special someone exactly why they’re so special.
This could be a list of the things you love about them, a look back at some of your favorite memories together, a thank-you for big or small things they’ve done for you, or anything else that comes to your mind.
You can also go a traditional route and start off with a bang by opening your letter with a dramatic quote about love. This will definitely catch your reader’s attention! But, if you choose to start with a quote, you should be sure to explain why you chose that quote and why it makes you think of your special someone. Quotes are beautiful, but you should make sure they’re personal.
Go Celebrate Valentine’s & Get To Posting
We feel as though we’ve created a full analysis of Valentine’s captions, quotes, and messages! Hopefully, this list of Valentine’s Day Instagram captions will be helpful to you this year (and in future years).
Whether you’re fabulously single, in a relationship, or celebrating the day with a furry valentine, we hope that your Valentine’s Day is wonderful and your Instagram posts reflect just how great of a day you have!
Please feel free to come back and check out our list of Valentine’s captions whenever you need them, and let us know if our Valentine’s tips and tricks were helpful!