When it comes to choosing from the pyramid of influencers, Nano-Influencers might not be the first choice for many brands. Nano influencers are people with followers oscillating between 5,000 to 10,000. Their followers are indeed fewer and their content quality might not be very attractive when compared to micro or macro influencers, but they are more relevant and relatable. So, it is definitely a good idea to let such influencers represent your brand.
Let’s dive deep and understand who are nano-influencers and how to identify them.
Whenever you’re looking for an influencer for your campaigns, it’s not just the number of followers that you should consider but the engagement rate, authenticity, values, audience quality and reliability, and nano influencers check all of these boxes.
Now you must be wondering how to find nano influencers for your brand. Well, you can do it using either of the three simple steps mentioned below (or by combining all of them!)
- Ask your friends & people around you: The simplest and easiest way is to talk to your friends and people who are extremely active on social media. Chances are that they will be able to help you with at least 3–4 recommendations if not more!
- Search the web: You can glance through a few articles and blogs online that talk about influencer marketing. This will not only help you fetch out the names of these nano influencers but might also give you deeper insights into their working style. All you have to do is search!
- Conduct hashtag research: Search for hashtags related to your work, in this manner, you will be able to identify the influencers working in the same niche and you can pick out the ones with some good work.
How can nano-influencers help your brand?
- Benefits beyond just reach: Nano influencers can do way beyond just garnering brand visibility and reach. They can give better engagement. According to statistics, nano influencers can give an average of 8% engagement rate which is the highest across all tiers of influencers.
- They are more relatable: Imagine talking to a friend for some advice or recommendation, you trust what they say, right? The same is with nano influencers, they are ‘regular people’ who are more relatable and trustworthy than someone with millions of followers.
- They are also growing & expanding: Since they are also in the process of growing, they will work hard to level up, which means that they will put in much more effort and hard work for your brand as compared to other established influencers. With nano influencers, you can also better personalise your campaigns.
- They acquire a modest budget: The key point to consider, especially for the businesses who have recently ventured into the digital space, is the cost. Yes, nano influencers can give good engagement but what if they cost tons of money? Well, worry not, nano influencers are also cost-effective. They might charge little to no money. Sometimes, nano influencers might also be willing to work on a barter basis.
Finally, it doesn’t matter which influencer you pick if their voice doesn’t match your brand’s vision. Fret not! In our role as an influencer marketing agency, we help you pick and develop campaigns that are aligned with your objectives.