As we navigate the dynamic landscape of the digital era, conventional advertising avenues often fall short of the mark. Savvy consumers today prize authenticity, driving the surge in influencer marketing. Amid this shift, influencer meet-and-greets stand out as a potent strategy, nurturing authentic bonds with audiences. But what exactly do these events entail, and how do they deliver value for brands and influencers alike?
An influencer meet-and-greet isn’t your typical fan event. Instead, it’s a carefully curated engagement between influencers and brands designed to build stronger, more authentic relationships. When influencers engage with your brand in-person rather than just over email, they gain a deeper understanding of your brand’s values and mission, making them more prepared to represent you. This direct interaction between influencers and your brand isn’t just beneficial for you; it’s also valuable for the influencers, who get to build a more personal connection with a brand they are promoting.
Influencer campaigns involving experiential events help build stronger, more authentic relationships with influencers. These events provide an opportunity for brands to engage with influencers in person, fostering a deeper understanding of the brand’s values and mission. When influencers spend time together with the brand and its team, they become more prepared to authentically represent the brand to their followers.
- Brunch or Dinner: Hosting a networking brunch or dinner at an Instagrammable, trendy restaurant provides an intimate setting for influencers to have face-to-face time with the brand and build genuine connections over delicious food.
- Meet & Greet: Setting up a meet-and-greet at a store location allows the brand to attract new customers in-person. Influencers announce these events on social media, drawing attention to the brand and creating opportunities for public interaction. Meet-and-greets also offer ample geotagging opportunities, with attendees asking influencers about the location of the event.
- Panels & Networking Events: Hosting panels or networking events gives influencers a platform to discuss relevant topics and share their expertise with attendees. These events can be combined with food, champagne, photo opportunities, and gifting to create a memorable experience for both influencers and the public.
- Large Scale Parties: Throwing a large scale party provides a fun and engaging atmosphere for influencers to come together. Parties offer ample space for aesthetic photo opportunities, helping maximize organic brand exposure. These events often involve multiple vendors, catering, and headline performers, creating a unique and memorable experience.
- Staycation: Rather than venturing far away, brands can collaborate with nearby luxury resorts that offer aesthetic pools, spas, and other Instagrammable features. This approach allows brands to leverage the resort’s existing ambiance, providing influencers with a luxurious experience close to home.
- Seasonal Events: Aligning influencer events with holidays or special occasions like music festivals or fashion weeks can generate organic social media posts. Brands can host their own events to celebrate these occasions, creating a unique experience and attracting influencers and attendees alike.
- International Travel: Taking influencers on an international trip allows for immersive experiences and in-depth interactions. These trips provide stunning backdrops for photos and videos, offering a wealth of content that can attract new audiences. Additionally, influencers often create vlogs and travel guides, introducing their followers to the brand and its destination.
- Invite influencers outside your immediate niche: Consider inviting influencers from related niches to broaden your reach and increase your customer base. While they may not be directly related to your brand, they still have an obvious tie to your industry and can offer unique perspectives.
- Provide impressive swag bags: Swag bags are a significant draw for attendees, so make sure your gifts are memorable. Personalize the items and ensure they align with your brand. Avoid generic items and strive to offer something that attendees genuinely want to receive.
- Make your event enticing: In addition to swag bags, ensure your event offers something that excites influencers and makes them want to attend. This could include entertainment, a guest list filled with their friends, exclusive product unveilings, special guests, easy transportation, or any other element that adds value to their experience.
- Create an engaging experience: Go beyond the typical cocktail party format. Design an event that stands out and provides an immersive experience for attendees. By doing so, you not only create perfect moments for influencers to capture and share on social media, but you also ensure they genuinely enjoy their time with your brand, leading to long-term positive associations.
- Don’t lose sight of your brand: While hosting an event, it’s easy to get caught up in the festivities and lose focus on your brand’s goals. Remember that the event is an opportunity to strengthen brand connections, showcase your products, and enhance influencer relationships. Keep these objectives in mind throughout the event.
- Don’t neglect aesthetics: Influencers prioritize maintaining their personal brand and aesthetic. Ensure that your event space and party details align with current trends to increase the likelihood of influencers posting about the event on social media. Consider creating Instagrammable moments that capture attention and make your event memorable.
- Don’t forget your event hashtag: An event hashtag is a simple yet effective way to optimize your event’s social media reach. Encourage influencers to use the hashtag in their posts and consider gamifying its usage to generate excitement and engagement. A dedicated hashtag can also help you locate event photos for future marketing campaigns.
- Don’t overlook venue lighting: The quality of lighting at your event can significantly impact the quality and quantity of photos taken. Ensure that the lighting is conducive to capturing high-quality visuals that influencers will be excited to share. Poor lighting may deter attendees from taking and posting photos.
Influencer marketing is a powerful addition to any marketing strategy, but it requires careful planning and precision to achieve success. Tools like LinkedIn’s Event hub can simplify the process of sourcing, inviting, and planning influencer events. By hosting in-person influencer events, brands can foster relationships that extend beyond business contracts, creating lasting connections with influencers and their audiences.
While the specifics of organizing an influencer event can vary based on your brand’s needs and the type of event you’re planning, there are a few general guidelines to follow. Prioritize authenticity and a genuine connection between your brand and the influencers. Keep in mind the interests of the influencers’ followers and your target audience, and ensure that the event provides value to everyone involved.
In-person connections hold significant value in influencer marketing. Influencer meet-and-greets provide brands with an opportunity to engage with influencers on a personal level, fostering authenticity and deeper understanding. By hosting well-planned influencer events, brands can unlock the full potential of in-person connections and establish long-lasting relationships that go beyond digital collaborations. From brunches and meet-and-greets to large-scale parties and international trips, influencer events offer a range of opportunities to create engaging experiences and generate organic brand exposure. By following the dos and avoiding the don’ts of hosting influencer events, brands can maximize the impact of these valuable in-person connections and elevate their influencer marketing strategies to new heights.
Stay connected with the latest updates in the influencer marketing industry by following LeaLi on social media. Join our vibrant community of creators, brands, and industry enthusiasts to discover valuable insights, inspiring content, and exciting opportunities. Follow us on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest to be part of the conversation and unlock the full potential of influencer marketing